Personalized Welcome Mat
Make your doormat unique to you
You will need:
Doormat 30-by-18-inch coir natural fiber
Foam sponge brushes
Acrylic craft paint
1. Start by creating your personalized stencil. Type up your word or phrase and find the font you like best. Print out on 11-by-17-inch paper.
2. Cover the mat with the painter's tape making sure to slightly overlap edges and to cover enough area that the stencil will be applied.
3. Center your stencil on top of the taped area. Use a little tape to hold the paper in place.
4. Use the X-acto knife to cut out the word or phrase from the paper and the underlying tape.
5. Carefully remove the tape, leaving the blocked off areas covered. Smooth down any tape edges that have come up or moved. You want a well-defined edge of tape where you will be painting.
6. Using the sponge brush to dabb, don’t brush, the paint to the areas you want painted.
7. Once all the paint is applied, carefully remove the tape and allow paint to fully dry.