Table Top Turkey Trot
The kids will love helping with this fun Thanksgiving tabletop craft. With a few wood slices, colorful paper and googly eyes, kids can create their own personalized feathered friend to keep them company until the last slice of pumpkin pie. Make enough for the whole family and use them as placecard holders to organize dinner guests!
By Amy Gordy
- Wood slices from a craft store (or saw them if you’re tough)
- Hot glue
- Googly eyes
- Card stock in fall colors
- Card stock in glitter
1. Draw feathers in 5-, 4-, and 3-inch lengths on the cardstock and cut them out.
2. Cut out a triangle beak and two tall, thin house shapes for the feet.
3. Glue the googly eyes and beak on the flat side of your wood slice.
4. Glue a 5-inch feather straight up the middle of your turkey’s tail feathers, then fan the feathers out decreasing in size and mixing up the colors.
5. Once your tail feathers are as full as you like, steady your turkey by gluing on the feet with the pointy parts facing forward.
6. We added hair bows and bow ties to jazz up our turkey trot!